Translate

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Two WCS artists respond to a drawing prompt

A horse made of rectangles by K.

Here's my T.A.G. for K:
 
Tell: What a great job you did using rectangles to draw your horse! 

By using color to shade in your horse with brown and black it softened the angles. 

Ask: Were you thinking of a particular kind of horse? I seem to recall that Morgan horses have that coloring! I had to look closely to see the rectangles. 

Might you use other shapes to create the ground around your horse or are you finished with this drawing? 

What was challenging about just using rectangles?   

Give: Will you try it again with the same or a different shape--triangles, ovals? ~Ms. Brooks
Sunset over mountaintops by L.
Here's my T.A.G. for L:

Tell: I love how you interpreted "A Sunset in the Mountain." 
 I can really feel the sun's glow in the warm and bright yellow, orange, and red of the sunset! 

I also see what looks like shadows drawn with pencil on the dark side of the mountains. 

Ask: Could these mountains reach as tall as the clouds?

Give: What kind of landscape will you draw next? Will you try a different time of day?

Ms. Brooks


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate your participation and welcome your questions, thoughts, and reflections.